Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, March 16, 2012

Charlie and some sneak peaks

Have you heard the news? Emily is have a GINORMOUS release next week!  If you want some sneak peaks head on over to Bloggabella and take a looky see! I'm so excited - Uptown girls, looks like a new Christy Croll image and flowers - omg I love flowers - bring them on - I can't wait.

For this weeks challenge we thought we would honor St. Patrick's day and use GREEN on your card.
I had this cute image sitting on my desk just waiting to see colour.  This is Charlie - one of the many green bean baby images by Ella.
I stamped him on bella's bestest paper and paired him up with some MME - Fly a Kite. I coloured the image with copics and shaded with pencils.  This layout I used is from this weeks MFTWSC63.
It fit perfectly with my image, so this card came together fairly quickly.  I added the fence - punched a piece of kraft cardstock using MS fence border punch, and then sponged some brushed corduroy distress ink on it.
For the clouds on the image, I just cut a piece of paper in the shape of clouds and then used this as my template, and sponged the clouds on.  I think it really adds to the image.  I also added some Barbara Trombley's elements called earth textures to the bulrushes. I'm not sure what it is made out of, but it  smells like nutmeg.  Finished with a some glitter and green ribbon.

Now I know you would like to win some bella bucks to spend on next weeks release, so hop over to bloggabella and leave a comment on today's submissions.

Next weeks challenge is sketch #6- see below. If you play along you can email Emily by thursday night or upload it on SCS and use the keyword BELLARIFFIC1112.  $20 up for grabs ladies!!

 Thanks for coming by today, have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Kerri said...

Love the card...your coloring is great...love the frog..thiks for sharing

Carla Murphy said...

Wow - Pauline your colouring on this is just stunning. The bucket looks 3D. Everything is blended so beautifully - love the sky & the ground. Love this card!

Crafty Cath said...

Wow - look at that coloring! The pail looks so shiny and new! I always think galvanized...love that you chose color! And your clouds look perfect! Charlie seems to be enjoying his day. Adorable card.

Leslie said...

Lovely Pauline!! LOVE the bright red pail and the picket fence along the bottom - this is a very bright springy card - perfect for our weather this week! His hair is fab and I love the soft shading of the grass and sky that blend together perfectly!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Cutenesss is written all over this card Pauline, your colouring is perfect as always, just look at that bucket, LOVE IT !!

Dana White said...

I agree about the sneak peeks -bring on those new images (not that i've inked all the others I have!!) Charlie is so cute. The red pail pops off the page; and the clouds perfection! the added sponging on the card and fence really make the card. You inspire me!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! FUN! Love the details you added to the image after coloring, as well as how you designed the card with that fabulous paper and little picket fence. Your clouds are amazing! Super cute card, Pauline!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Fun card love the image , like your style Hugs Elaine now following

paula tracy williamson said...

Oh Pauline...this little boy with the frog and the sailboat paper...doesn't get much boy-er than this. I LOVE the little red pail...so freaking adorable!!