Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 26, 2012

Natasha

Hi there.  Did you have a good weekend? Saturday wasn't a complete washout, the rain stopped and it cleared up later in the day.  Sunday was beautiful, lots of sun.  I managed to get two images coloured and one put together.  The other, well lets say it is now in the garbage! So, now I'm behind -- grrrrrrr. It just didn't work out the way I planned, and it wasn't even salvageable!  Enough said about that, let me show you the card that did turn out.

I pulled out some of the green bean baby images that haven't seen ink yet.  I have so many, and they are all so cute, it was a big decision  - and Natasha won my heart.


 As always, stamped the image on bella's bestest paper and coloured her using Copics.  I also did some shading with pencils and gamsol.  DP is from Bo Bunny - Alora Collection - (one of my findings during my road trip on saturday). I used a scallop die to made the scallops on the bottom portion of the card.
Adhered some tiny pearls on the bottom tips of her dress.  Added lots of glitter to the flower centers as well as her wings. Finished with a piece of turquoise seam binding ribbon and stitching.

If you have time to play in our challenge this week, our theme is Spring/Easter.  You can email your card to Emily by Thursday evening or you can upload it on SCS using the keyword BELLARIFFIC1212. There is $20 in bella bucks up for grabs just for playing along.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great week!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

love her well done on the coloring..your cards are always great..sorry to hear about the image..had one or two of those myself..thks for sharing

Leslie Miller said...

Exquisite coloring! I just love looking at your cards. So perfectly matched with the paper. Too, too cute!

Crafty Cath said...

Oh so darling! Thank goodness you didn't put this one in the wastebasket! Been there done that too. Natasha's hair looks freaking fantastic!

Dana White said...

Oh she is absolutely adorable!!! So sweet love the colour of her hair!!!

Leslie said...

Swwwwwwwwwwwweet! The colours are fun and bright and her hair is awesome!! Love all the little extra touches, like the pearls on her dress. So, SO pretty!