Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A morning fix

Hey, it's Wednesday, a gorgeous day here in SW Ontario - suppose to be around 60 - it will feel like spring!

Well I don't know about you, but I need my morning fix - a cup of java! And that's what it looks like Lulu is doing, having her coffee and gabbing on the phone.  This is  Lulu 's Morning Fix.


Lulu was stamped on bella's bestest paper and then I proceeded to colour her using Copics, and then shaded with pencils.  Now this was not the original designer paper I picked to base my colours on.  I started looking through my paper pads after she was coloured - should never do this to myself- and came across this paper, it was a better match then my first pick.  The paper is Basic Grey - Picadilly.
I used a MS border punch for the white underneath the olive green paper which was cut using an EK Success border punch.  Finished off with some glitter, seam binding ribbon and a brad.

Don't forget about our challenge this week.  It's a sketch.  You can email Emily by thursday night or upload it on SCS using the keyword BELLARIFFIC0912.  If you have not seen the sketch, you can view it here.

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by.  See you on Friday!

3 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

Ahhhhhhhh, she's sweet. You've done a beautiful job with this one. Love the bow with the brad.(I need 2 morning, an afternoon and sometimes an evening fix! lol)

Dana White said...

Oh she is too sweet - I love to have coffee while chatting on the phone. The shades are perfect the yellow is nice & springlike!!

Leslie said...

Oh you are so brave, colouring her first and then looking for matching paper! It's awesome - love the colours and that ribbon and brad = lovely!!