Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Update & PFS floral card

 Hello, it's certainly has been a while since I've posted anything!

We have been renovating our kitchen, just Bill and I.  So with working full time, and then at night and weekends we have been working in the kitchen, which has left not much time for card making.  And even if I did have some free time, I just couldn't get into making cards.

We have gutted the kitchen right down to the studs. We've had to have an electrican come in before we insulated and drywalled, as there were only a couple of  outlets in the kitchen, so we have added more as well as some electrical units for pot lights.  Dry walling is done and painted, ceiling is done, and the electrician is coming back this week, to finish up. We haven't ordered the cupboards as of yet, we did a preliminary drawing of what we want and we visited IKEA, - love their cupboards.  So after Christmas we will take final measurements since the walls are all done before finalizing our cupboard order.  We also have to rip up the old linoleum flooring, level that before laying new. So still lots of work ahead of us,. we are in no rush, but at least the worst of it is completed.

So that is what has kept me busy.  And besides with having a small house and not a lot of extra room as we have no basement, a lot of boxes and stuff are in my craft room, which again doesn't leave much space for crafting.

I was just looking through me pictures of cards that I have made a while ago and realized there are some that I have not posted.

Today's card is one I made for my sister for her birthday last month.

Using Pinkfresh Studio hot foil plate, matching die and stencils as well as a Spellbinders embossing folder.

For my ink blending I used SSS Positively inks - love these inks, they blend wonderfully.



To finish off I used a premade sentiment that came in a pkg from Pinkfresh Studio some pearls and a rhinestone heart.  Very pleased on how this turned out.

Well that's it for me, need to get working on some Christmas cards.  See you soon!

Have a wonderful day.

Pauline

3 comments:

Kathy Holmes said...

I'm so glad to see you back. I've missed your cards. Very nice card you made for your sister.

Patricia said...

Very pretty card. I love Pink Fresh!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm pleased as punch to see your card and read your update today, Pauline. I was getting kinda worried about you. I know how it is with the renovations. We've done it ourselves, plus had people in. Either way it's an upheaval and very time consuming. Lately it's been hard to get service people to come. No one is available, so do it yourself is the way to go or else hold off until things return to normal, if ever. You're going to love your kitchen when it's done! I loved hearing about it. Now, back to your card... gosh, the blend of color is so pretty, and the embossed background and the Pinkfresh flowers. I love Pinkfresh but have held off on buying more until I use the one set that's still unused in my basket. The background color reminds me of rainbow sherbet -- yummy! Thanks so much for checking in. This will hold me for a while, ha! No stress. Just enjoy life however you can. Happy holidays!