Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Warm Greetings

Hello everyone.  I'm back today to share one of very few Christmas cards I made this year.

When I saw this image released by Penny Black, well you know me, anything nature related I must have. Now I have had this coloured up just before we started our kitchen reno's, but I finally got around to finishing it up a couple of weeks ago, and popped it in the mail to a wonderful friend!

I used my Misti and tombow markers to colour this red rubber stamp, misting lightly before each impression and then continue until  I'm happy with the results.



Then came the hardest decision, how to finish the card.  I didn't want to take away from the image. I layered the image onto some gold mirror c/s, then  pulled out some kraft cardstock for the base, sponged around the edges with some distress oxide brown inks (sorry don't remember the exact colours) to darken it up.  I then used some Gansai Tambi  Starry Colours for the ink splatter.

I stamped the sentiment (Altenew) and then added some small rhinestones.  I love how this turned out!

That's it for me today, off to finish up a few more cards and get them in the mail.  

This coming week is my last week of working before Christmas break.  I took off the week of Dec 19, and don't return until Dec 28, going to be a nice long break :)

Enjoy your day, whatever you are up to. See you soon,

Pauline


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, this is so beautiful! You always make me want to rush right out and buy some of these PB cling stamps. You do the most artistic things with them. I dearly love the warmth of this and, of course, the sweet little bird. Our garden and feeders are in constant movement with many varieties of birds. I quit putting feed out for a while because of rats, raccoons, and deer, but I did something a little different this time and it seems to be working out better. I'm so happy! It's simply wonderful to see your card today, Pauline. Thank you! Enjoy your holiday vacation!