Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Rustic Wood Star

Hello friends.  Can you believe how close we are to Christmas? Can't believe how fast this season came upon us!  We have had no snow yet, just rain, but this morning we have a dusting of snow on the ground, maybe 1/8 of an inch if that. I know other parts of Ontario this week have had freezing rain and lots of snow.

Today, I have another Christmas card to share.  All products for this card are from Papertrey Ink.  This particular set is called Rustic Wood Star.  It's all dies - came together fairly quickly, well that is once I figured what I was doing lol.  The background die is also from PTI - Border Bling Joy Frame -I did not use the 'joy' on this card though.


I die cut the border frame, then sponged a variety of brown distress inks around the edges.  I continued to add until I was happy with the depth of the shading., I then adhered to the card base.

All the die pieces on my card were cut from white cardstock (except for the bow), then added distress inks for the colour.  I tried once with coloured cardstock, but felt I wasn't getting the variation and depth of colour, so switched to white c/s.

The wreath has 2 layers, once distressed, I adhered together just around the center ring, so the outside edges would lay freely.

For the bow I cut the bottom layer from cream c/s, then sponged the edges with distress ink, and top layer of the bow was cut from designer paper and the center cut from some gold glitter paper.

To finish off I added some chunky glitter to the wreath and leaves, and some gold pearls around the star.

I still have a couple of birthday cards to make before the end of the year as well, but Christmas cards are all done and all put in the mail.  Since I still have all my Christmas stamps, papers and dies still out, I think I will work on some more Christmas cards for next year.  

Wishing you all an amazing day, and thank you so much for stopping in today, I really do appreciate your visit. Keep warm, stay safe.

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love this so much, Pauline! It's right up my alley being rustic and warm. I prefer this style in a Christmas card. Anything nature related or rustic with color and warmth. However, I do love a snowy scene, too. Comes right down to how I love anything when it's done so well as this. You always have the most interesting dies and supplies. Love the bow and wreath and all that smudgy red. The border frame die is pretty fabulous, too. Good luck getting all your birthday cards made, plus starting on next year's Christmas cards. That's what I'm doing, too. It's a real treat to see your card today!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely Card! Happy New Year! Thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card... Sorry I haven't been commenting, my hands give me grief and I keep hitting the wrong keys so it takes ages. Thinking of you and sending hugs