Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Sympathy x 2

 Hello friends!  I've been busy over the last couple of weeks working on a card order for a friend.

Today, I have a couple of sympathy cards for you.  

For my first card, I used a stencil from Gina K.  I had this stenciled since last fall, but it just never made it into a card.  Since I was asked for Sympathy, I went through my partial done basket to see what I could use, and came across this.

Not sure of the inks I used but do believe they were Gina K inks.  Once the flower was stenciled, I left the stencil in place, then laid onto top a dotted stencil and taped it down.  I applied the inks using the same colours and once lifted it provided the dots onto the image.  Gives it a little more interest then just a plain stenciled flower.


I cut out the image using an MFT scalloped rectangle die, stamped the sentiment and then added some small pearls to finish it off.  I was going to add glitter, but decided to leave as is.


For my second card, a little more moodier in appearance, but like the depth of the blue inks. I sponged some Simon Says Positively inks for my gradient look.

I then took the SSS stamp set called Vintage Garden  and stamped the bottom and up the sides with a variety of stamps from this set. 

Stamped the sentiment in the middle also from the same Vintage Garden set.



To finish off I added some bluish sequins.

Thank you for you  visit today, have a wonderful day!

Pauline


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! I love the effect of the dotted flowers! Another brilliant idea for me to file away in my overfilled head. Such a beautiful flower stencil and very pretty card! The gradient blue with silhouette garden is beautiful in a totally different way. Flawless execution of both designs as I know to expect in your creations. These two represent a nice variety in sympathy cards. I'd be ordering from you, too! As always, it's a treat to see you today, Pauline.