Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 30, 2023

Sending XOXO


 Hello friends, today I have a couple of Valentine cards I made for my friends order.  

I've always been inspired by cards made with paper strips, so I cut a bunch of strips, different widths, and a variety of pink, coral and red tones.

I started by adding some dot tape runner across some which cardstock, then laid the strips straight across until I had the length I wanted.  I then took my Spellbinders heart die and cut it out on an angel so I wouldn't have the strips going horizontal.



I cut a smaller panel using MFT cross stitch rectangle to lay my heart onto.  I also use a strip heart die from Papertrey Ink to cut a row of hearts.

Once the heart and strip of hearts were adhered to the cross stitch panel, I cut a couple more panels just slightly smaller than than the cross stitch panel and adhered to the back to give it some dimension.  I know I could of used foam for my layer but I find that can get to bulky by the time you get everything else on your card.  I cut the 'xoxo' die  - 2x from white card stock and once from Spellbinders white glittered foam and adhered together.

I know it looks like the 'XOXO' is not straight but it is.  I used my T-ruler to line it up.  I think it is because of the diagonal strips that makes it look a bit off.

To finish this one off,  I added some clear sequins, and punched 3 red hearts, adhered to the strip of hearts, then added some red art institute glitter for some sparkle. 

 For my second card, which is done basically the same, but I made the strips different widths and added some red rhinestones to finish off.



I was asked by one of my co-workers for 3 of these cards for her 3 children, one in blues (for her little boy), one in purples and the other like above.

I thank you for stopping in today, wishing you a wonderful day! See you again real soon,

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Your coworkers are so lucky to have you making cards for them! I miss having my little basket at work for selling cards(but I don't miss work). These are fabulous and a great way to use scraps. I have plenty of those! I love your strips being the different widths and shades of pink and red. You do such a beautiful job of everything you put your mind to. I understand about the straightness of the xoxo. Angles make my eyes crazy when I'm trying to get the sentiment straight. I think these are perfect!

Ros Crawford said...

Hello there! What beauties for your co-workers. I hope you are well and that your part of the world is warmer now. Thinking of you and sending hugs