Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 27, 2023

St. Patrick's Day

 Hello everyone! Well it's been a terrible week her in SW Ontario weatherwise.  Last Wednesday we were hit with an ice storm,  approx  7-8 hrs of freezing rain, lost power for 5 hours, went to go to work on Thurday, and was unable to get out of my street.  We live in a parkway (circle) and there were huge tree branches across the roadway, so no one was getting in or out! The City came around noon hour to remove them, so I was able to get into the office shortly after that.

Today, another ice storm, I just hope we don't loose any of our 35-40 ft cedars, I will be so sad if that happens.  Just looked out,  lots of ice on the ones on the far side of the yard, really bent from the east winds, fingers crossed they can hold up to the to the weight of the freezing rain!

I had an eye appt this morning, a follow up for some laser treatment I had a few weeks ago, so I took the day off.  So glad I did so I don't have to be out in this weather.

Today I have a couple of St. Partick Day cards I made for a friend.

I am using products from The Greetery & Flourishes & Gina K Designs.

For my main focal point I pulled out the matching stencil & die from The Greetery - Print Shop Spring Mix.  I used various inks from both  Pinkfresh studio & Simon Says Stamps.  Once all the stenciling was done, I used the matching stamp set to stamp the centers of the flowers, then the matching die to cut it out.

The first card is a very dark hunter green background, although it does look black in the picture.

I used a sentiment from Flourishes - called Irish Blessings, die cut it with a flag die from Gina K.  I also cut a glittery green shamrock, also from Gina K

To finish off I added some gold pearl, as well as a border strip of green cardstock along the bottom.  The die cut is not a straight cut, there are some little divots, so this just finishes it of nicely. 



For the second card, done the same, just a different sentiment and card base colour.



That's it for me for today, hoping to get a few more cards made for my friends order.  I need to take advantage of the days I'm off work, as I never feel like making cards once I get home from work and dinner is done throughout the week.

Hope everyone is keeping well.  I'll be back soon with another share.

Thanks for you visit today,

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Pauline! It's good to see you today. I cannot imagine getting around in your weather. The ice! Treacherous! Our little bit of snow was not disabling at all so it was just sort of fun. I really hope you don't lose any of your cedars. I know how beautiful they are. Love your cards today! The die and stencil is really pretty and the sentiments are perfect, especially the sentiment on the second card. Very fun! Cute little glittery shamrock toppings you added. I totally get it about not feeling like making cards after work and dinner. When I was a lot younger I would go to my room when I got my second wind, but I don't seem to have a second wind these days.

✌️ Wild Wild West said...

Respect for the willingness to share their knowledge and insight with the world. Keep it up! ❤️️