Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, September 2, 2022

Tall Leaf Spray

 Hello, and Happy Friday.  

Today's card is one I made in which I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  I have had this leaf die for a while but just never got around to using it.  My card is done with SSS Etched Tall Leaf Spray die, oxide and spray stains, and gold foil embossing



I started by cutting out my leaf using canson watercolour 140lb paper.  I sprayed a variety of distress inks onto my glass mat, then dabbed my leaf into it, picking up various colours, leaving a few of them with the natural colour of the watercolour paper.  

I also spritzed down my slim line watercolour paper, and just spritzed a bit of distress ink and then spritzed with water again, held up right and side to side to have the inks flow across the card.

After everything was dried, I flicked on some gold and copper paints.

For my sentiment I gold foiled a Spellbinders sentiment and cut it out with an Altenew sentiment label die, which was then layered onto the rusty colour c/s.

To finish I added some Bronze mix jewels from Little Things by Lucy.  I also matched up a brown paper bag envelope to go with it.

My second card was basically cased from the one I saw on Pinterest.  I made this one first, and then I created my first card in a different colour.




Well that's it for me today. Happy Labour Day weekend! See you again real soon,

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That is such a great die, Pauline! I love it in both colors. It's amazing to me what you can do with a little spritzing. Your description of the process sounds like something I could make a big mess with. The gold is a really wonderful touch. Seems everything looks great with a little gold. I should try and remember that. Fabulous cards today! Wishing you a happy weekend!

ChristineCreations said...

These are so elegant Pauline! Such great different feels to both designs, I love seeing just how colour choices have such impact. Beautifully done!