Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Paper Rose Sympathy

Hello everyone. I'm back today to share a couple of Sympathy cards which I made for my last card order.  Actually you will probably see a few more Sympathy from me as I made several for this order.

Using a die from Paper Rose  - Gum Leaf Border die. I have had this border die for over a year now, and finally got around to using it.  

After cutting my front panel with the die I added a piece of vellum behind it. This was done for both cards.

For my first card, I added a couple of strips of washi tape along the top and bottom of the die cut. Cut some tiny flowers and leaves using Spellbinders and added them to the gum leaf die cut area.  The white die cut in the corner is from Memory Box - Flower field corner and the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps. Added some gem stones to the centers of the flowers.




For my second card, basically done the same way as the first, changed the colours and kept it very simple.



Well, off to get my day started, I'm working from home today, which is an option we could choose when we returned back to work in Feb.  So Wednesday and Friday's I work from home, which I love!

Thank you for stopping by today.  Wishing you a wonderful day!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Pauline! I love the look of white die cuts on white. I think of molded plaster or engravings. The touch of color on your cards adds just the right extra bit of pretty. The washi tape and flowers are perfect. Amazing how we let such pretty things sit unused for so long. I'm embarrassingly guilty of that. I hope you don't have to go back to overtime again because I'm enjoying seeing more of your cards!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful cards once again... I hope you are keeping well - sending hugs