Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Best Wishes

 Hello! I hope everyone is keeping well.  This past weekend we had such gorgeous summer like weather with temperatures up in the mid 70's and mid 80's,then today it was 34 but felt like 23F.Looks like the rest of the week into next week is only going to be in the 50's.

Spring bird migration is starting, we have seen a few come through out backyard. Hopefully we will see more this weekend, when we venture out to our favourite birding spots.

For my card today, I'm sharing an Anniversary card I made for my Sister. I'm using Pinkfresh Studio Sunflower Washi tape, PFS oval die,  gold foiling sentiments & dies from Spellbinders, and background die plate from Papertrey Ink.


On the background plate I sponged some light blue ink so it would give it some colour. After die cutting the washi tape I used a few pieces to create my design on and around the oval die cut. Hot glimmer foiled the sentiment. I cut the sentiment out a few times with just white cardstock, then glued together for dimension.

To finish I added some gold pearls in various sizes.

Thank you for stopping by today, I always appreciate when you do!  Have a wonderful day.

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Hi there Pauline... Your card is a stunner! I'm sure your sister loved it! I'm glad ypu are having good weather... the sun has left us today and it getting colder...sigh Enjoy your day my friend

Leslie Miller said...

Pinkfresh washi tape is so amazing in combo with the dies. My goodness, Pauline, your card is beyond gorgeous! I look at every detail in the design and just marvel. Grace and movement, texture, dimension, warmth... this card has everything. That little bit of blue is just the right touch. Crazy weather, but that's spring. I know you'll enjoy your birding. I'm seeing and hearing a nice spring variety every time I step outside and I love it!

Leslie Miller said...

I know I left a comment on this. Did it go to spam? I recently found 9 comments in spam which shouldn't have been there. I will say again how gorgeous this is. Those Pinkfresh washi tapes are amazing with the dies. I'm a relatively new Pinkfresh fan and have acquired a few stamp and die sets, but no washi tape yet. Really love how you put this together with the background and frame, sigh.