Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, May 23, 2022

Easter Wishes

 Hello, and happy Monday to all! This is the last day of my week long vacation.  Bill and I did some birding, but it seems we missed most of the migration as most of it came through the week of May 5.  It was kind of disappointing to say the least.  But..... it was a great just being off of work, taking some 'me' time. I did a lot of reading, finished watching the Downton Abbey series, and Season 1,2,3 of New Amsterdam, just starting to watch season 4.  I also found some time in the craft room :), along with some gardening.

Today's card that I am sharing is one I did for Easter.  I completely forgot to post this.

Products used are:  Penny Black - Tulip Treasure, Penny Black Cross Stitch Borders, and sentiment is from a very old Verse set.


Using Canson 140lb watercolour paper, tombow markers and my Misti.  I continued to add ink to the image, spritz and stamp until I was happy with the image.  I then placed the cross stitch die along the right side and die cut it - love how it only cuts the slits in each triangle.  I stamped the sentiment in black versafine.

To finish off I added some tiny pearls, and sponged antique linen along  the edges.

As always, I appreciate you stopping by.  See you again real soon.  Have a wonderful day, whatever you are up to!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMGoodness, I LOVE it! So pretty with your skillful use of the markers on this beautiful image. Really love the cross stitch border and little pearls. Oh, I remember those days of returning to work after vacation. I always liked the close to home vacations the best. Sorry you missed most of the migration, but it still must have been wonderful just being out in glorious nature. I've been away from my blog for longer than planned. Nothing is wrong, just busy doing other things. Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous card today, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Pauline this is absolutely amazing! Sorry I haven't been around and I finally learned how to comment using voice control (My fingers don't work too well) all is well with you, sending hugs