Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 24, 2022

Sending Love

 Hello, hope everyone is doing well.  I meant to post this last week, but it didn't happen so posting today.  I have a standing order with a friend, and although she didn't reach out to me yet to ask(which she normally does as a reminder) for some Valentine cards & St Patrick, I was being pro-active, made them and popped them in the mail to her.  She should get them this week, which will be a nice surprise for her, because normally I run so late with getting her orders done, not because I don't want to, just because sometimes you don't have the time.

But regardless, I will share a couple I made for now.

Both cards are using the same dies from Spellbinders January Dies of the month club (large & small dies)  from 2021.  I ordered this back last January when it was released, but by the time it got to Canada it was already into Feb, which was too late.  So I used this for this year.

The gold heart is a hot foil glimmer plate called Heart Grid.  Love how this foiled using gold foil!

After I die cut the center piece, I laid a piece of Vellum behind it, then adhered to the card front.  The flowers and leaves were die cut as well, then added them to the front along with some gold pearls.  I gold foiled the sentiment as well, added some foam tape and popped it up.  I also added a die cut heart in gold and layered that behind the vellum, in order to make the heart stand out from the front side.



2nd, card, using the same small die of the month and the stamp sent of the month.  Cut the frame from white, then cut the center frame from green and pink.  I cut the little pink flowers out and glued them to the green layer where the flowers were.  The center 'sending love' was stamped in a light pink, due cut then layered.  
I added some Nuvo drops to the centers of the flowers, and little pink heart.


I hope I inspired you today.  Thank you for stopping by, always appreciate your visits.  
Well I'm off today, going over to visit a good friend for coffee and conversation!  Enjoy your day.

Calling for another dump of snow today, 5 - 10 cm! Me no like, but it does bring the backyard birds around, which I love, cardinals, blue jays, dark eyed juncos, house finch, gold finches, house sparrows, nut hatch, woodpeckers, black capped chickadee and of course or not so welcomed squirrels (4-6 of them depending on the day!).  

Pauline

2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh they are stunning and always so beautifully crafted Pauline... No wonder you get so many orders. Your friend will be so pleased. I'm already fed up with winter, yesterda I was so cold then I went to my exercise class and came out boiling hot... Today I have the sniffles!
stay warm and well my friend

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, these are both exquisite! Such a creamy soft look to them, beauty intensified when clicked for close up. Really jaw dropping cards, Pauline. The glimmer is amazing on the first, and the dies on both cards are just gorgeous. No kidding, I'm inspired but probably won't be making Valentines this year. I keep getting waylaid by other life happenings so spent available time making March birthday cards. Once again I'm trying to catch up. I'm not happy that it took me so long to come visit.