Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Sympathy cards

Good day everyone!  It's another cold and gloomy day here today, a bit of rain this morning with a high of 3C (37F) and then it turns bitterly cold again for Monday & Tuesday (feeling like -17C & -15C).  We had a bit of snow last week, but with the rain it will be almost gone. All I can say is bring on the Spring!

I had to make some sympathy cards  to go along with one of my Christmas card orders, so today I will share a couple of them with you.

For my first one, I am using Gina K's Wild Blossoms.  Using my Misti, I lined up the stamp to my paper, then inked the vine with green ink.  I then added the flowers one by one using a stamp and acrylic block, these were very easy to line up along the vine.  I then stamped the sentiment in black, then cut out the image using Gina K's master layouts 2 stitched rectangle die and matching layer.  To finish off I added 3 tiny white pearls. 



For my second card, I'm using an embossing folder from Altenew - this one is from one of the Life Project kits - Hello Beautiful.  Not sure if you can tell by the photo, but the side I used is the debossed side.  To achieve this look, I added a pigment ink to the raised side of the embossing folder, added my paper, run through my Spellinders Platinum 6 and voila.  So beautiful! I then stamped 'with sympathy' (stamp from Papertrey Ink).
To finish off I added a pearl to the center flower, and some layering foam behind the image to give it some dimension.


Well, that's it for me for today, I need to start working on some Valentine Day cards for my friend.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, whatever you are up to.  Keep well,

Pauline

4 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Two excellent cards. Very striking to see the embossed one.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, such a treat! Your cards are oftentimes so beautiful it hurts. Love the graceful vine on the first. Yellow is my favorite. I noticed immediately that your second card was debossed. Gosh, it's gorgeous! I'll have to try pigment ink with my folders. I've never managed to make this technique work for me. Your card looks like it's made of plaster. Truly wow! I hope you're keeping warm in that icy weather!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are so pretty and soothing. I adore how you used the opposite side of the embossed flowers, that really sets the flowers off in another way. We have freezing fog and 25 degrees this week, all the snow melted so far. I feel your bring on spring. hee hee

Ros Crawford said...

Hello my friend! I hope you are staying warm... it's really cold here. Your cards are beautiful and I adore the debossed look you created... I haven't tried that yet (I've only got one folder) but seeing yours I am definitely going to try it. Have a beauiful day!