Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 7, 2022

Be my Valentine

 Hi everyone.  Hope you had a good weekend.

Today, I have another Valentine card to share, this one is more on the 'masculine' side.

I started off by hot foiling the background using bronze foil and The Greetery - Deco Triangles Hot foil plate onto some kraft cardstock.  I then stamped one of the sentiments from Pretty Postmarks in a kraft ink, then splattered with Tim Holtz holiday mica stain - Peppermint Stick.  


The wood heart slice die is also from The Greetery, cut it once from dark brown and once from kraft.  On the kraft piece I sponged some distress oxide walnut stain around the edges. Love is also from the Greetery, cut 2 times and adhered together.  I die cut some red hearts and then adhered them to the card.

Finished off with some gold pearls, some small black hearts from Trinity Stamps and a little twine bow on the 'love'

Thank you for stopping by today.  Have yourself a wonderful day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

There is not a single thing about this card that doesn't just WOW me! The wooden heart front and center is right up my alley, then with the extra hearts... you know me and hearts. I use them a lot! The foil, the kraft, and the splatters... it's all perfection!

Ros Crawford said...

Hi Pauline... Been missing myself lately. Your card is a stunner... Ilove all the detail you put into your creations and yet keep them uncluttered. This is just perfect in everyway. I've not been able to craft much but seeing this makes me want to. Stay well and stay warm!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fantastic masculine valentine. That woodcut heart looks amazing and the gold hints in the background are super cool!