Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, November 29, 2021

Christmas bungalows

Hi! I finally got around to taking pictures of my cards.  I also finished 2 of my card orders this weekend as well, what a good feeling that is!

A few months back when I had no mojo, I saw these Penny Black images.  What's great about them is they are already printed, all you have to do is make/add them to a card.  You can be a simple as you like or elaborate, choice is yours.

I'm so glad I purchased these as I made several of these images into cards. They work up so fast. Today I have 3 to share.

For my first one, I layered the image onto so antique gold shimmer cardstock. then onto some white which was cut using Penny Black Zig Zag Stackers die, then adhered this onto some navy cardstock.  I then took a sentiment also from Penny Black, stamped in black, then cut out with a narrow sentiment die.  Snowflake  is from Penny Black - Ava Snowflakes - used the 3rd size.  I then used my quickie glue pen and dotted the roof of the house and into the trees, and added Simon Says unicorn dust glitter.


My second card, I started with some white cardstock and cut an opening using Penny Black Stitched frames.
I also cut the corners once more with gold stardream c/s, popped the white ones out and put in the gold.
For the sentiment I used Spellbinders glimmer sentiment plates, and used gold foil for this.  Trimmed it down with a sentiment strip label die. Again added lots of glitter!

 


For my last cards, kept it nice and simple, layered the image onto some gold stardream c/s, then onto some white which was cut using the zig zag stacker dies once more, then layered it onto some dark green.  Added lots of glitter!



The only thing about using pre printed images, is that I feel I am cheating the recipient, because it wasn't had coloured, if you know what I mean.  But the end results are beautiful!

I thank you for taking the time to stop in today.  Wishing you a wonderful day.
Take care,

Pauline

5 comments:

Maria said...

Absolutely beautiful cards with pretty scenes!!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Every time I see these PB images I think they're the most beautiful things ever and it doesn't cross my mind that it's cheating, although I know how you feel. For your card orders probably the most important thing is that there is the element of hand crafting and these certainly have that with the die cuts and layering. I really love the stitched dies you used. PB dies seem to be rather expensive here so I don't own many of them, sadly. Hooray for finishing two of your card orders! You made amazing progress! I loved seeing your three gorgeous cards today, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my... They are stunning Pauline. I love the way you brought those iamges to lofe and the framing is perfection! Well done to finishing those orders, maybe you can relax a little? Stay warm and stay well... Thinking of you

Traci M said...

I’m so excited to see these, I have the same art pieces ordered and one made into a framed card!! They are beautiful but it is nice to see something added! Wonderful work! I will show one or two on Instagram soon!

Stacy Morgan said...

It is not cheating if you add all the touches you did to each one. These are gorgeous and worthy to anyone. I like the country rich feel they each have and the snow looks awesome. Sometimes these are the perfect cards to make. hee hee