Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, December 3, 2021

Cozy Christmas

 My plan was to post this last night for today, but we are have some major internet connections. I even had to go into work today, which usually I work from home on friday's and mondays :(.  Looks like we won't be able to get anyone out to look at it until early next week.

I popped on after dinner tonight and it is very slow, but thought I would create this post and see how far I get.

So here is another Christmas card I made.  Lots of these cards are around on the internet.  Image is from Tim Holtz - Cozy Christmas. Love his Christmas images.



I stamped it onto some canson water colour paper using black archival ink.  I then used some distress reinkers and coloured the image.  I then sponged the back ground using distress tumbled glass and faded jeans, some shabby shutters and anitque linen.

Then came out the sprays:  Oxide distress speckled egg, and pumice stone.  I then took some walnut distress ink and went around the edges to darken it up.

I cut the image down with an MFT stitched rectangle die, layered it onto some antique gold stardream c/s, then onto some dark brown c/s for the base.

I cut the snowflakes (Memory box) from kraft c/s then applied some embossing ink and then embossed them using some chocolate sparkle embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle.

I also added some tiny little gold star sequins along to top portion for a bit of added interest.

What do you think?  I love it, need to make more.  I made 2 so far, but need to get an assembly line going with this.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope this will post, doesn't seem to want to save, but I'll keep trying.

Have a good weekend

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I haven't seen this stamp before and it's no surprise that you did an amazing job with it. I love those glittery chocolate snowflakes. I'm glad I had a moment to check in. Still dealing with things here, but doing better. Merry Christmas!

Ros Crawford said...

I love your card Pauline... Sorry about your internet problems but so glad you finally got to post this beauty. The background is beautiful for your snowman and foliage.