Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Winter Sketches

 Hello!  I'm back today to share a couple more Christmas cards using stamps from  The Greetery - Winter Sketches, Opposites Attract Holiday  & stencil - Frosty Flakes. The Merry Christmas sentiment stamp on the blue version is from Gina K

I've seen a few cards on Pinterest using this stamp set and just love how festive this stamp set is.

Both cards are made the same just changed the colours and sentiments.  I aligned the card fronts in my Misti and stamped away, stamping the bottom first, the flipping my card front around and ink and stamp again.  This set is multiple stamping which I love because it gives you so much dimension for real life look.  This is a very quick and easy process, so I ended up making 8 card fronts all at once.

For the branches I used Pink Fresh Gathered Twigs, greenery - Gina K Fresh Asparagus (I think, I had too many greens on my desk, now can't remember which I used), blue berries - Pink Fresh - summer shower & storm. Outside snowflake border - sponged distress antique linen through the stencil


After all the stamping was done I sponged distress antique linen through the  stencil to create the snowflake border.  For the sentiment I first sponged the whole sentiment using PF summer shower, then just along the bottom edge I added the darker blue - storm to give it that gradient look.

For my second card, created the same what using PF Passion Fruit and Candy apple for the red inks, all others were the same. Sentiment was stamped in passion fruit, then I added the 'greetings' using black versafine.

Before mounting the cards onto either silver foil (for the blue card) or gold foil for the red card) I sprayed some Sheer shimmer sparkle spray from Imagine.  Love all the shimmer it gives when dried, but I don't think you can see it in the photo's.


For finishing touches I added some pearls and gems, along with some Diamond Dust along the branches for the wintery Christmas feel.

Thank you for stopping by today, enjoy the rest of your day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, love these! I think the blue is my favorite. Such warmth. The subtle snowflake stenciling is gorgeous. I have your beautiful Christmas card on display in the dining room and it is lovely in blue as well.

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous cards! I love them both! Have a very Happy Christmas my friend and thanks for another year of blog friendship and inspiration

Stacy Morgan said...

Love both of these! I can never get the stamps to work like this for me. The snowflake shadowing is awesome and looks just perfect. Gorgeous!!!