Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Refreshing Florals

 Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I was going through my cards that I have not shared and I only have a couple left.  I really need to get on the bank wagon and get some 'new' cards produced, rather than re-make older ones.  But most times for my orders  people ask for ones that I have previously made, so don't want to bore you with those.

Anyhoo, a while back I found some water colour paper at Micheals (cheap price and cheap paper!).  Sometimes you just never know how the paper will work.  Well I  wasn't overly impressed by it.  It is rougher than normal, but quite heavy. I also found that the water colours DO NOT move on this... grrrr.

I started by smooshing the background, which I really liked. I stamped the floral vase from PB Refreshing set using black archival ink.


Painting the image was a struggle, as like I mentioned the paints soaked up so fast, it was difficult to make them blend, but I did my bet.

Once coloured, I cut it out using MFT cross stitch rectangle dies, then added a bit of splatter.

I used Nuvo clear glitter pen for the flowers, I took a close up for you to see the shimmer below.




For the sentiment I used one of Simon Says sentiment strips and foiled it using some rose gold foil.  It is so pretty in real. To finish I added some crystals.

Despite the struggle I had with painting this, I really like how it turned out.  I might have to persevere and make another as this one was sent out in one of my card orders. Sad thing is I don't even remember what inks I used to colour with.  Oh memory is a wonderful thing when it works!

I'm off until Tuesday now, my plan is to work on some new cards.  Thank you so much for visiting today.

Hugs and take care,

Pauline







2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so ready for some refreshing florals and these are gorgeous! Between your watercoloring and the background, this is utter perfection. And all that with the crummy watercolor paper. I know how that goes. I just used my last piece of some crummy paper, which I finally relegated to backgrounds only. The ink wouldn't move on it at all. I believe a lot of people who think they can't watercolor simply have the wrong paper. Anyway, Pauline, I love seeing your cards no matter if they're repeats. The shimmer and the foiling on this just add to the prettiness, and I know it's even prettier in real. Enjoy your time off!

Ros Crawford said...

Well I would never have known this was a struggle... It's gorgeous Pauline! Sorry I've been missing awhile, but in the midst of all that's been happening recently your beautiful Christmas card arrived to cheer me. Thank you! It's so beautiful! Like you we've had some very dark days weather wise but I can still imagine the shimmer on your card. Big hugs