Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, December 14, 2020

Metallic poinsettia

 I'm back today to share another Christmas card.  This one is using Simon Says Stamps Center Cut Holiday Floral.  The center 'peace' is removable, so you could put a different sentiment if you wanted to.

First of all, sorry about how this picture isn't the best.  Yesterday was very gloomy and dark, so I had a really hard time photographing my cards.

I started by embossing the image onto some black cardstock using gold embossing powder.

To paint I am using something very old, not sure if they still sell these or not, but it is from USArtquest watercolour palette, this one is pearlescent and metallic.  Just spritz each little colour with some water, mix it up with your paintbrush and you are good to go.



Once everything was dry, which really doesn't take that long, I trimmed it down, layered it onto some brushed gold cardstock, then onto black for my card base.

I embossed the center again separately, then cut it out using a spellbinder circle die, added some black fun foam behind to pop it up.

To finish off I added some jewels from Studio Katia.

I think I am pretty much finished my Christmas cards for this year, just mailing out my last of them today, but I do have some more Christamas cards to share, and probably will continue to work on Christmas so I can get a head start on next years.

As always, I appreciate your visit! Have a wonderful day.

Pauline


3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh wow! This is amazing! Those paints took really well on the black CS... Beautifully done and what a stunner! Have a wonderful day my friend

Leslie Miller said...

Sorry I'm so late to see this incredibly gorgeous card, Pauline! 'Tis the season to be preoccupied, I guess. I gasp at the beautiful image in metallic color on black! It seems to have worked very nicely on your card stock. I've been thinking about black watercolor paper, but need to try my Twinks on regular black cardstock first. I love that I can see right off that it's metallic paint, so your photo looks good, but I'll bet this is even more of a stunner IRL. Take care and enjoy the rest of the holiday season, Pauline. I know it's different this year, but we do what we can.

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous!!! More embossing you rock star you. I think the paint turned out super soft and elegant with the gold. Simply gorgeous!