Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, November 25, 2019

Wishing you....


Good morning!  Hope you had a good weekend, and this posts finds you all well. I accomplished so much this weekend in the line of card making.  I finally finished my 19 card order, all the liners done, envelopes attached to each and all ready to deliver to my friend when we meet for dinner.

Yes, 19 sounds like a lot, but I was able to double up on some, some new ones and others were ones I had made previously but never have given to her in her previous orders, so this makes it fast for me as I had already made them once before! I made Christmas, birthday and sympathy.

Today's card is a Christmas one that worked up very fast.  I'm using Simon Says stamp set - Holiday Greetings Mix 1.




I started by embossing the image with gold embossing powder onto some white cougar 100lb c/s.  I added the 'wishing you a' and 'christmas' to complete the sentiment - also included in the set.

I used copics YG03, G97 & G99 to colour the leaves, and R39 for the red berries.

I had this gold shimmer oval already cut out and it seemed to work perfectly for this.  I stamped the card base using Simon Says Leaves & Berries Background stamp using versamark.  I then adhered the oval on top, added a felt poinsettia secured with a gold brad, then added some gold sequins to the image. Voila!

Thanks for visiting today, I really appreciate it.

Pauline


4 comments:

Tracy said...

Classy---that's the word for this card. The colors are so rich. Love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, elegant and rich! The Versamark-stamped background turns that plain cardstock into something really special. Such a beautiful greetings stamp. All one stamp? I'll have to look it up. Not that I'm buying... I finally caved and bought a few dies on sale. This is just so beautiful, Pauline! Must feel good to get that order done!

Ros Crawford said...

You have been working hard... I hope you are feeling better?? This is one stunning creation and so very very elegant!

Stacy Morgan said...

19 is a good number and glad you kept with it over the year. I like the woodsy feel to this one. The frame is a great touch and that is a very pretty image. Pretty card all around.