Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Sassy Gal Nurse

Hello everyone! Today I have a different type of card to share.  My co-worker underwent surgery to remove his tonsils.  We put a little care package together and I was trying to come up with some sort of card a 'guy' would love.  I looked through my Art Impressions, but didn't have anything that would work, so hopped over to Bugaboo digital images and sure enough I came across Sassy Gal Nurse. Perfect!!


How fun is she??.  I used copics to colour her.  My first attempt I coloured her stockings black but did not like it, so thought hey, how about some fish net stockings. Love how these look! So as you can see not a lot of colouring on her, added some wood grain papers to give it a more 'masculine' feel to it.

Notice the little sentiment under her medical bag - well I am covering up a boo-boo! When I pulled my red copic cap off a spurt of ink fell right there, I tried to use my colourless blender to remove, but it seem to bleed more, so a sentiment was placed to cover it up.  I used Simon Says Stamps Sentiment Strips.  The nice thing about these strips is that you can use your laminator to adhere different colours of foil.  They are pre-printed in black ink so I applied some gold foil to it.

I also added some tooth hound washi tape, followed by a gold peel off.  Added some enamel dots to finish this off. 

Well that's it for me today, back again real soon!  Thanks for stopping bye, love when you do.

Pauline

3 comments:

Tracy said...

LOL Bet he gets a big kick out of this. I think you nailed it.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, hahahahahaha! How perfect for a guy! This is when digi stamps really come in handy -- buy, print, and color with no waiting. Plus, you can have a stamp that you may not use a whole lot, but you didn't pay an arm and a fishnet stocking-clad leg for it! This is great! I love the placement of the sentiment, too. Sometimes those oops pay off with big dividends. What fun!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh that is sassy and so perfect, though I think it would raise my DH's temperature Lol!