Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, November 8, 2019

Christmas Shadow Box

Hi everyone! TGIF!! I'm back today to share another Christmas card.  I did this 2 weeks ago, finally got around to take a picture and now I can share.

When I was in London a while ago at my favourite stamp store Stamp Art, Nancy shared some new designs her team has come up with.  Well when I saw this I new I had to have the die right away.  So in my basket it went. I replicated her card and then I created one of my own.

The die set is from Sizzix - Christmas Shadow Box #663611

First card is very similar to Nancy's card:
- die cut the tree arch for top layer
- sponge some tumbled glass distress oxide ink on my base layer
- cut trees and adhere to base layer
- adhered some light blue shimmer fine tulle tot he back of the top layer
- cut deer and add to bottom right
- add peel off sentiment



And this is what I came up with:
die cut the tree arch for top layer
- sponge some tumbled glass distress oxide ink on my base layer
- cut trees and adhere to base layer
- cut bunny from  gold shimmer and sprigs from white c/s and adhered to bottom right
- cut holy leaves from dark green shimmer and sprigs from  gold c/s and adhered to top center, then                 added 3 tiny gold beads
- added gold Merry Christmas peel off, as well as some peel off stars to the tops of the trees




These were fun cards to make and so simple as it is all die cuts.  I will be making more of these to add to my Christmas stash this year, and to fill some orders.

I hope your enjoyed my post today.  I appreciate you stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Pauline




6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, Pauline! This is so beautiful you made me go look up the die set. I can't believe it! I never would have given it a second glance till I saw this. So many dies in the set! I love both cards. I'm trying not to buy any Christmas dies this year, but this makes it hard. Gosh, I just love all this beautiful white and the blue and those sweet critters. Beautifully photographed, too.

Tracy said...

Beautiful serene scenes. I am imagining the silence in that perfect wintery forest. So peaceful and calming. sigh.......

Pam Sparks said...

oh WOW! These are both stunning Pauline! I love them!!!

Traci M said...

These are both gorgeous, Pauline!! Sometimes simplicity catches the eye with the pristine white and glimmery blues...love that bunny too!! So tempting to purchase that die set!

Ros Crawford said...

Firstly I do hope you are feeling better and getting some relief from your RA. Secondly... Wow!! these are two beautiful cards!! I love the soft blues and the die is so pretty!

Emmett Travis said...

Lovely bloog you have