Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, November 22, 2019

Sending caring thoughts


Hello everyone, I hope your week is going well.  While I continue to work on my Christmas cards, I change it up now and again with others.  I made this card a few weeks back, finally got around to photographing it.

The stamp set that I'm using is from The Greetery called Cotton Comforts. I love Betsy's sets, most are multiple step stamping, which gives it the realistic look.




I found cutting out the pieces before stamping makes it much easier to line up.  So once my floral pieces were cut out I stamped the branches then the flowers.  She makes it so easy.

I then cut some soft pink cardstock using The Greetery - Halfsies Dies, sponged some distress ink around the edges then spritz some metallic spray for some shine.

I also sponged some soft pink onto some white c/s, which my flowers would be mounted to.

Stamped the sentiment in dark brown ink and then die cut them out.  I love the variety of fonts she uses.

To finish off I added several pearls throughout the card.

I need to finish one of my card orders this weekend, as I meeting up with my friend Monday after work. 4 more to go for a total of 19 cards! Yikes.

Have yourself a wonderful weekend.

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is so soft and beautiful... Cotton comforts is the perfect name with the colours you chose and so pretty. I love the little pearls and the design is wonderful!

Leslie Miller said...

You've been very busy with a 19 card order! If this one is any indication, it's a swoonworthy collection. How lovely this is with the soft pink, a perfect choice with the cotton. I've noticed Betsy Veldman's designs have some very clever aspects to them. The halfsies die, for instance. I haven't shopped there ... yet. This is just beautiful, Pauline!

Tracy said...

I keep going back and forth about buying this set. It's so beautiful but I don't have your design skills. You've used it to perfection.