Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, September 16, 2019

Butterfly blooms

A few weeks ago, when I was in a rut and just couldn't get my stamping groove going, I was on Instagram checking out all the new posts.  I came across a card made by Melissa Phillips using some Papertrey Ink stamps and dies, which led me to pull out the sets she used and create a card.  Sometimes you just need that little shove to get going.




The butterfly and small flowers are from the PTI Butterfly Blooms set and the other flowers are from Stitching Garden set. All stamped using PTI inks.

For the background that is behind the white die cut, is a piece of watercolour paper I was testing out my new TH Oxide spray inks on.  It just so happened once I stamped and die cut the flowers I was looking for something to put behind the die cut, and this piece seems to work perfectly.

The die cut is SB Antiquities square, layered onto a piece of PTI Fine Linen and then onto some gold shimmer c/s. 

I sponged ink around the center piece and then embossed the butterfly in gold.

To finish off I added pearls and some little $ store rhinestones to the centers of the flowers.

Wishing you a wonderful day.  Thanks for your visit!

Pauline

4 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Pauline, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog and IG.
So glad to have a look at your beautiful work!
I love the elements of this card and your attention to each lovely detail. The soft inking, the layers and exquisite die cut - Love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! The whole package is breathtaking -- soft colors, die cut frame, butterfly and flowers. Gracious me! I don't dare even look at those spray inks. This is absolutely gorgeous, I love it, and I'm so happy you stamped!

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous!!! The colors are so pretty and that die cut adds so much elegance. Your design skills never disappoint.

Ros Crawford said...

Well you would never have guessed looking at this that you were in a rut... Holy moly girl it's stunning!! I love all the elements and the way you put them all together just makes me swoon!