Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, September 6, 2019

A new little someone

Hello! Hope your week is going well.  So glad it's the weekend, and it's a 3 day weekend for me!  I had a request from a co-worker for a baby boy card using rainbow colours. After I made the card for her I asked her why rainbow colours and this is the reason which I never heard of: "A rainbow baby is a name coined for a healthy baby born after losing a baby due to miscarriage, infant loss, stillbirth, or neonatal death." I actually had to make 2 'rainbow' baby cards as she has 2 friends that both lost a child during pregnancy.  That is so sad.

So, put my thinking cap on and went to work.  I actually struggled quite a bit with this as I really don't have much in the line of something babish that I could using these bright colours on.

Headed over to Pinterest - my source for inspiration, and came a cross a similar card as mine below.



I sponged tumbled glass distress oxide ink in the background using MFT cloud stencil, then trimmed down using PTI rectangle dies.  I stamped the image onto some cougar white c/s and coloured with copics.  I also stamped the image onto my sponged cloud background, then fussy cut my coloured image and then adhered it over the stamped image. 

For the sentiment, I embossed using white e/p onto some navy cardstock.  Image is from PTI.

For finishing touches I added some glitter to the balloons, and couple of matte enamel dots and a little heart on the sentiment strip.

I really appreciate your visit today.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Pauline

5 comments:

Pam Sparks said...

oh so sweet! She will love it! I just recently heard about this too. Children are a gift from God for sure!

Leslie Miller said...

I was not familiar with the rainbow baby term, but it's the sweetest thing and also the most heartbreaking, then again a joyous occasion. I love baby cards so much and this one is absolutely perfect! The bear and balloons stamp is so darling floating up into the stenciled clouds. It has that clean look that I'm loving so much lately. It's so good to see your card today, Pauline!
Enjoy your extra time off this weekend!

Tracy said...

Well it turned out absolutely gorgeous. The balloons are so vivid and the background is spot on perfect.
PS Just checked out the Greetery. Think My wallet is going to be letting out a big groan. Thanks enabler. LOL

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! This is so beautiful!! I'm sure your friend was blown away with it. Beautiful colouring and so very cute!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my gosh! This is adorable and so very sweet. Your coloring is amazing!