Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Mixed Bouquet

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been a while since I last posted, work has been busy, and when Im not at work Bill and I have been out photography birds as the spring migration has begun. Today I have a  Mother's Day card to share I made for my basket at work.


I used Papertrey Ink's Mixed Bouquet flower set, stamped the flowers in PTI inks and then sponged some spring moss ink along the bottom.  I cut this out using MFT stitched rectangle die.

I was going to sponge some clouds in the sky, but saw this piece of white already die cut on my table, so laid that on top and loved the look. This die is from Aliexpress.  I did sponge some SU soft sky ink along the top just so it would make the lacy die cut pop a bit.

I added some silk ribbon and I also made a couple of banners from the left over paper from my card base which is from Prima Marketing - Firefly collection.  Added a small white flower, pearls and Tim Holtz clear distress glitter to finish this off.

It does look a bit blurry as I look at this now.  Maybe it's just my eyes - I hope so.

Have a wonderful day, and as always I appreciate you stopping by.

Pauline


3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Pauline, this card is gorgeous! I really love this stamp set and the beautiful colors you've used for the blooms! And what a sensational way to finish it with the decorative die and your "signature" ribbon treatment! Beautiful DP for the background and tag. I love it! Hugs! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, you're so good at this! The pretty die cut makes an absolutely perfect sky over your gorgeous garden, I think. I wouldn't mind looking overhead and seeing something like that! Pretty with the Soft Sky sponging. The curve even suggests there might be a bit of breeze blowing. The whole finished card is really beautiful, Pauline! We just returned home from a couple of days at a lake resort with our motor home. It was a great time, and now I'm in catch up mode. Enjoy your birding when you get out again!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Pauline this is gorgeous... I love the design and the colour of those pretty flowers is so striking.
I've heard a lot of Canadian geese flying over in the mornings... When I had my dogs we used to walk along the banks of the Mersey and watch hundreds of them arriving... Always heard them before we saw them... They are huge too!