Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, May 24, 2019

Live for the moments....

Hello there.  Hope your week is going well. 

Today's card features another image from the Tim Holtz Theories collection.  I think these images are fabulous for those 'masculine' cards.



I started by spraying some distress oxide inks onto some canson watercolour paper.  Drying with a heat gun in between, and then adding more ink.  Once completely dry, I stamped some background images using distress oxide inks, and also used a 'sun ray' stencil in the left upper corner.  I then placed the paper into my misti, then stamped the image using black archival ink - I believe I stamped a couple of times to get a nice dark impression.

I then added some washi tap along the bottom, used a PTI die to cut the circles at the top using some brown shimmer c/s, stamped the sentiment onto some black c/s, and embossed with white ep, I then trimmed the edges.

For the turquoise background, I took my distress oxide ink pads and ran them across my turquoise c/s to give it added colour, then layered this onto a piece of brown shimmer c/s. I also cut 3 little banners and lined them up the left side of my main piece (used scraps from my main background).

To finish off I added some enamel dots.

I'm always a bit hesitant to make cards like this, not sure what it is about it, but once I get moving along I really enjoy doing these types of cards. You will never get 2 the same as inks always blend differently each time.

Thanks for stopping by, and I wish you a happy and safe weekend!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

It's fun to make this kind of card -- all the laying on of inks and details. Apparently you're very good at it, too! I LOVE both the backgrounds you made -- the image panel and the card base. Honestly, they both kind of WOW me. I would not have thought they were homemade backgrounds. I really need to make a note. Perfect guy card. I like the image and sentiment combo. Now you make me feel like playing with ink rather than getting up and cooking dinner. Way cool card, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! What a super card! You combined the stamps and oxides perfectly to create a terrific card! Have a wonderful week!

Stacy Morgan said...

I agree this image is great for masculine cards. You have lots of depth and color going on and it looks AWESOME! I love masculine cards.