Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, May 20, 2019

Birthday wishes

Hello! Well today marks my last day of my 11 day vacation (insert sad face).  It was a great week, Bill and I did a lot of traveling for the spring migration, captured some great photos, which I will soon share. For the most part the weather was great.  We even did a lot of yard work as well, gardens have been weeded and most of my flower pots are planted (annuals).  I admit, I did not even make one card in over 2 weeks - tsk, tsk, but you know sometimes you just need to take a break once in a while.

My card today is one that I made a while ago for my 10 birthday card order.  I know this is a SU set which cost just over $80 + shipping (CDN) which includes stamp set & matching die, but I found it on Aliexpress for less than $10 cdn! A great bargin for sure.

So, this is what I made using the set and die.  I also added a couple of extra leaves from the die set cut them from green c/s, then added some copic markers to kind of match the leaves in the main image.


Sentiment was from PB snippits, which was stamped in black versafine, then I die cut it was a Spellbinders label die.

To finish off I added some sequins and a little peach heart sequin on the sentiment piece.

I just might decide to make a card today depending on the weather.  I thought it was suppose to be sunny/cloud mix, but looks like it could actually rain. Wishing you a wonderful day, see you back here soon!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow. I saw this cling set at SU for $23, but no dies. I didn't know SU marketed anything other than through demonstrators. It sure is pretty! I love the colors you used and the border die up the side. Very soft and lovely! I'm almost in the mood for a card making break, too, but I'm now stamping ahead for DT stuff, anticipating being gone a lot starting in June. Worked in the garden today. I'm sad for you that your vacation has come to an end, but happy that you enjoyed it so much. I'll be looking forward to your bird pictures!

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning card Pauline!! Sorry your vacation is over though... Time goes fast when you're having fun huh?

Stacy Morgan said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your 11 days off, even if you didn't stamp for two weeks. I bet you laughed when you read my post earlier. HA! Glad you are back and rested though. This is super fresh and pretty. I like the die cut you used and the blooms are very delicate. Very pretty for the birthday request.