Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Chickadee in Barberry

I guess it's that time of year to start working on Christmas cards.  I have a few done, but have a long way to go.  I always say every year, I'm going to start in January, and even if I can make one or two each month I wouldn't feel the crunch come Nov, but I never seem to do it - one of these years!

Today's card features one of the recent digi images from Marcella over at Power Poppy.  This one is called "Chickadee in Barberry".  I absolutely love this image and of course this bird.  Whenever I see a chickadee, it takes me back to times in Algonquin Park, when they will each right out of your hand, it's an amazing experience!


After resizing, I printed this onto some white 100lb cougar c/s.  I then cut it out using MFT stitched rectangle die and then ran it through my MINC machine to get the gold foil on the sentiment.  I can see from this angle for some reason it didn't adhere to the tale on the 's'. I find that happens now and again, not sure why, because the complete sentiment was covered with foil.

I coloured the chickadee using prismacolour pencils and blended with gamsol. I used scraps of christmas paper from my scrap bin, but I think the papers are all from Basic Grey.

Finished off with glitter on the snow, sequins and gold twine. I also added some white dots on the berries using a white gel pen.

I really appreciate you stopping by today, have a lovely day,

Pauline



5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

One of my favorite images this year! These little chickadees are all over my yard and they're so adorable. You're so good with the Prismas and getting the detail and shading. Beautiful! I've printed this, but haven't colored yet. So many things waiting for me to color!

ChristineCreations said...

Just beautiful Pauline! You’ve captured the simplicity of the image beautifully with the clean lines of the card too. Elegant! I have one of these little birdies coloured up and just haven’t gotten it onto a card yet! I love that chickadee!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! I like the white space and the elegant feel to this clean and crisp to this. Wonderful coloring Pauline!

Tracy said...

So lovely. You are just the lady to color up this sweet birdie. Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is GORGEOUS! I love this chickadee and think it's my favorite one too! It's so sweet, and your coloring with pencils is amazing! You are a master with them. And what a beautiful layout with the lovely foiled sentiment and the gold cord. And I love the DP and colors! Stunning card, sweet friend! I'm with you...I always have the best intentions of starting in January and just never get around to it. Ah, well.... Hugs! xoxo