Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, October 9, 2015

snowflakes sparkles

Hello everyone.  I have another Christmas card to share with you today.  I must say when I saw this card I was totally inspired.  Leslie has a unique style, I can always spot her cards as I'm strolling through my Feedly posts without even looking at names. 

As I was saying her card inspired me to make this.  I'm using a Memory Box snowflake die my friend
Nancy so kindly lent me.


To make the  back ground I used the 'smooshing' technique using distress inks.  This was then cut  using a MFT stitch rectangle die.  I then placed my snowflake die where I want it and ran it through my big shot.  I also cut a piece of silver glitter paper using the same die.  I then inserted the silver snowflake into the area where I cut out the snowflake on my main piece.

Stamped the sentiment using black versafine ink.  Added some die cut snowflakes using silver glitter paper and some silver and clear sequins.  I popped up my main panel by adding a piece of fun foam cut slightly smaller than my panel.  

Stamps: PTI - In the meadow
Dies - Memory box - snowflake ribbon, MFT die-namics blueprints # 12
Ink - distress mermaid lagoon, cracked pistachio, black versafine
paper - white cougar 100 lb
misc - sequins, fun foam

Thanks for stopping by today.  To all my fellow Canadian followers - Have a wonderful Thannksgiving weekend!

Take care, 
Pauline

4 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Love the modern feel to this card, so pretty too.

Have a lovely weekend.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

NancyT said...

Pauline,
I love your smoothing technique on your card. I love your choice of glitter paper for the snowflakes and the colours you used. Thank you for sharing your creation with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Leslie Miller said...

Geez, Pauline, I had to follow your link to see which of my cards could have possibly inspired this gorgeous creation. You sure took that little bit of inspiration and ran a long way with it! This is just stunning! So pretty with the blues and silver, and such a lovely snowflake die. Love your smooshed ink. This is truly amazing!

Tracy said...

Stunning! The look of the silver star and it's ribbon running through your card is so eye catching. Pinning and hopefully casing this one Pauline. Hugs!