Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, October 3, 2015

First Christmas card of 2015

Happy Saturday everyone.  Well it sure feels like fall in my neck of the woods. Cold (well not freezing cold, but not far from it, it's currently 43 F) and with strong winds, gloomy, and rain in the forecast for today and tomorrow - a good weekend to get some stamping done!

I'm off shortly to go out to the orchard to get some apples and squash, then going to make a pot of apple squash soup, I've had it before and it is delicious, yum, yum!

Okay so on to my card.  I have fallen in love with a new line of stamps - Wild Rose Studio.  They have the most 'cutest' images ever.  I couldn't resist a few and this is one of them: Mouse and Poinsettia.



I coloured the image using prismacolour pencils.  Used a MFT die to cut out the image, left the die in place then sponged some light pink ink around the edges. 

Designer paper is by Wild Rose Studio - Painted Poinsettias.  I layered a die cut using the same papers to lay in behind the image.

To finish off I added some white flock to the mouse's hat, gold glitter to the centers of the poinsettia's, as well as a couple of Stamping Bella 'glitter dots' in the corner.

I just finished my cards for the October Dirty Dozen theme last night, so now I can concentrate on doing some more Christmas cards over the next couple of weeks.

Supplies:
Stamp - Wild Rose Studio - Mouse and Poinsettia
ink- black memento, prismacolour pencils & gamsol, 
paper - cougar white, dusty rose, SU Mellow Moss, Wild rose studio - painted poinsettias
die- memory box - winterflake frame, MFT- die-namics blueprints 12
misc - stamping bella glitter dots, gold glitter, quickie glue pen, white flock

Thanks for stopping by today, have yourself a wonderful day.  See you again real soon!

Pauline

4 comments:

NancyT said...

Hi Pauline. Who wouldn't love to get this card for Christmas. Your colouring is superb. I love how you used the die cut behind your image. This card has certainly put me in the mood to make Christmas cards.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Just love the card, and hey, its a stamping range I have heard of!!

Have a fantastic week.

Shirley T. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

I, too, have fallen in love with Wild Rose Studio stamps. I have one I need to get colored up, but it's not a Christmas stamp. This little mouse is adorable and so SWEET! Love the paper, too. You rock those Prismacolor pencils and are quite an inspiration to me. Love how you flocked the hat and used gold glitter in the poinsettia centers. It was quite warm here today and I worked in the garden ALL DAY. Fell asleep on the couch after and woke up with Wally snuggled up and Rich bringing me clam chowder. Your soup from garden bounty sounds delish! I love trying new soup recipes.

Tracy said...

I don't have any WR stamps but I have always thought they were so cute. You picked an adorable one and those papers are yummy too. What a way to kick off your stash! Hugs!