Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, October 23, 2015

Angel of Peace

Hi everyone!  I'm just popping in for a quick post tonight before the ALCS Game 6 starts.

I've been working on Christmas cards these past couple of weeks. This card is showcasing a Penny Black image - Angel of Peace.  I bought this last winter but never got a chance to colour her.




I stamped her onto some cougar 100 lb white cardstock using black memento.  I used copics (colours listed below) to colour.  Designer paper is Prima - Nature Garden. 

For finishing touches I added my clear wink of stella pen on her wings and some on the leaves.  I added some clear sequins, mauve ribbon, and then for the bottom corner a vellum poinsettia was added.  I love this little poinsettia die from Memory Box, it's so dainty.

Supplies:
stamp - Penny Black - Angel of Peace
ink - black memento, copics- E000, E00, E01, R12, R20, E40, E41, E43, E44, BV000, B000, C00, C01, Co2, C03, C05, V000, YG61, YG63, G20, G94, RV19
paper - Prima - Nature Garden, cougar white, bazzill mauve
dies - Spellbinder A2 matting basics A, Memory Box - small blooming poinsettia
misc - seam binding ribbon, pearl, sequins, wink of stella pen

Sorry for the quick post, but I have to go and cheer on the Toronto Blue Jays!

Thanks for stopping by,
Pauline




5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is so beautiful and graceful, Pauline! You have an eye for the pretty stamps and you certainly know how to color and design to their best advantage. Love the non-competing paper in the background, and that delicate vellum poinsettia. My, oh, my!

debby4000 said...

Such a cute, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

NancyT said...

Hello Pauline,
Another beautiful card. I love the soft tones you used. She truly is a beautiful angel at peace. Sorry to see that your Jays lost late last night. They still had a great season. Too bad they couldn't make it to the World Series.

Tracy said...

This is so lovely and delicate Pauline. The soft colors make her ethereal. Beautifully done my friend. Hugs!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

WOW absolutely gorgeous, well done you.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx