Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Vintage Hycinthia


Hi, I'm back today with another Mother's Day card to share.  I have so many Flourishes stamps that have never seen ink and this one in particular was one of them.

I remember my Mom always had these flowers growing in the garden, so pretty in the blue/purple tones.  I wanted to use this new paper pack so I went with a orange/red colour of flower.


I stamped the image using black memento onto some white card stock.  I then coloured the image using copics then used spellbinders labels twenty nine to cut it out.  I left the die in place then sponged some antique linen around the edges.

The orange/red layer under the image was cut using one of the dies from the MFT blueprints #15 set.
In triming the background paper down to size I made sure to leave some of the wording - like at the bottom of the card - let your beautiful soul shine - just love that.

Finishing touches include stitching, button, twine, glitter and some lace ribbon with blue velvet running through the middle.

Supplies:
stamp - Flourishes - Hycinthia
ink - black memento, antique linen distress ink, copics - E30, E31, E33, E35, YG01, YG13, YG67, R000, R00, R02, R05, R21, BG0000, BG 10
paper - white cougar 100 lb, SU cool caribbean, Prima - Bella Rouge, MFT - naturals
dies- spellbinder - labels twenty nine, MFT - blueprints #15
Misc - glitter, button, twine, ribbon

Thanks for the visit.  Have a wonderful week.

Pauline



5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Gasp! This is sooooo beautiful, Pauline! Flourishes had an amazing selection of stamps and I've used the heck out of them. I'm glad you got around to this one because, oh my word, what a gorgeous card! I love your design with the tilted panel and the ribbon coming in from the side. The button and twine combo adds that special touch of casual comfort to it. Beautiful new designer paper, too. I notice the words under the button area. Nice!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Such a lovely card, any mum would be proud to receive it. Thank you.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is simply stunning <3 :0))

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Tracy said...

Beautiful! Your floral cards are always an extra special treat. Thanks for all the beauty you've shared with us. Hugs!