Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Little Angel


Hello everyone, hope you had a good week.  It's really starting to feel and look like spring around my neck of the woods.  Love this time of year when everything starts to grow, the smell of fresh lawn cut, and the nice warmer temperatures.  It's suppose to reach low 70's this weekend, so that means lots of yard work to get done.

Anyway, I had a request to make a baby card using Winnie the Pooh as a theme.  Apparently the babies room is done in Winnie the Pooh.

This is what I came up with, very simple.




I used the baby die from Papertrey Ink for my focal point. This was cut from white card stock, then layered a piece of light aqua dp behind it.  I just so happened to have this piece of Winnie the Pooh paper, (I saw it at our local scrapbook store and thought - oh this might come in handy some day for my baby cards) - well it did.  

I added some PTI aqua silk ribbon and some Studio Calico wooden stars.  Not sure if you can see in the picture or not, but I used my wink of stella clear pen to go over the words to give it a bit of sparkle.

Well that's it today ladies, I will have another Mother's day card to share next, stay tuned.
Enjoy your weekend,

Pauline

8 comments:

Kerri said...

So cute and Winnie the Pooh a classic!! love it!!

Katie Sims said...

This is absolutely darling, Pauline! Love the center sentiment die cut and the Winnie the Pooh paper is a perfect backing....the addition of the aqua satin bow finishes this sweet card beautifully. Such a classic baby card.....l-o-v-e! :) Hope you are doing well and so glad to hear you are finally getting some Spring weather! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Awww... This is super sweet. THe pooh bear paper is perfect! I love this die cut sentiment. Very sweet baby card.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Love, love the card. Perfect for a new baby. Almost worth having a baby to receive a card like this - well perhaps not!!!! (lol) Thank you.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is darling! Just happened to have that Pooh paper -- how fortuitous! I wouldn't be surprised if this card became part of the room décor. Love the die cut sentiment (must add more of those to my collection), and the soft aqua color is one of my favorites. Those little wooden stars really finish it off perfectly. So CUTE for baby! Been out in the garden today, myself. Sunny, but breezy and not all that warm, except on the south deck. Got some more flowers in pots, though. Loving this springtime stuff!

debby4000 said...

Adorable and gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Leslie said...

OMGosh, this is gorgeous Pauline - I love the die! Sorry, I am SO behind in my commenting - brace yourself! LOL

Tracy said...

Who doesn't love Pooh? :-) This is so sweet and I love the soft aquas you've used.