Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, May 22, 2015

Happiness is....

Hi Everyone, hope your week is going well.  One good thing is that it is Friday - whoot, whoot, but then on a sad note this is the end of my weeks vacation, although I do have Monday off, so back to work on Tuesday. 

Weather has been on the cool side this week hovering around low 50's some sun, some cloudy days, but that didn't stop Bill and I to venture out to do some birding.  We are suppose to climb back up into the 70's this weekend. So on the cloudy days I was able to create a couple of cards, since it's too dark for bird pictures.


Today I'm sharing a card using an older Penny Black stamp called Aspire.


I started by inking my flowers using Tombow markers, huffed then stamped onto some white card stock.  I then cut it out using a square nestabilities die.  For my sentiment, which is also from Penny Black, I stamped this using black Archival Ink onto some shimmer/pearl vellum.  I bought a few sheets of this years ago (yes I'm a hoarder- because I don't think you can buy this anymore). I wrapped the ends around my image and taped on the back side.  Layered the image onto a couple different pieces of blue card stock, then onto a Night of Navy card base.  I know you can't see the  background I stamped on the  base card very well, but I stamped a Justrite rose garden background stamp using versamark.  In real it is so pretty, but I couldn't get the camera to pick it up.  The card base actually looks black in the picture - so you will have to just imagine it - LOL.

To finish off I used my wink of stella clear pen for the flowers, a string of pearls and a small flower from Wild Orchid Crafts.

There you have it, a fairly simple card don't you think?

supplies:
stamp - Penny Black - Aspire - 3381K, Happiness (sentiment) 3384F, Justrite - rose garden
ink- black archival, versamark, tombow markers - 055, 140, 158, 393, 472, 725
die- spellbinders - square
paper - SU - Night of Navy,  scraps of blue, white, vellum
misc - string of pearls, wink of stella clear pen, wild orchid craft flower

I appreciate you stopping in today, enjoy your weekend.

Pauline


4 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Welcome back. Missed you!!! Love the card. Those flowers are to die for. Look forward to seeing some holiday pictures, please?

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

I love the way you combined the colors on those pretty flowers, and the simplicity is a perfect example of how fabulous a card can look without a whole lot of extra stuff going on. This is just beautiful! I don't see much navy used and I have to say it looks quite striking here. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. I'm just now heading into a three day weekend and will spend lots of time in the garden and, hopefully, in my stamp room, too.

Tracy said...

It's wonderful. I really like that you used multiple colors on the flowers. Very pretty design Pauline. Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just so gorgeous, hugs Pops x x x