Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Blooming lilacs

I can't believe how fast a week goes by.  I haven't even had time to work on cards this week, with work, and yard work and bird migration it eats all my time, not complaining because the bird migration only lasts for about 3 weeks, so things should start to wrap up by next weekend. Good thing  I have a few cards I haven't posted yet which come in handy in a pinch.

Yes, I have been holding out on showing you this card, not sure why, I guess maybe I always had something else to post. I made this back when the digital image was released, which I'm thinking maybe February.  This is one of Marcella's Power Poppy Lilac digital images.



After printing my image I cut it out using an oval die and went out side the box on the leaf and stem.
The image was coloured using copics (listed below). I then layered this onto a piece of wistera wonder which was cut using  the Heirloom Legacy die.  Background paper is by Memory Box.  I added a couple pieces of white silk ribbon which was coloured using copic marker V20.  I then popped the image piece on top using dimensionals.

Finished off with some pearls and glitter.

Supplies:
Stamp - Power Poppy - digital Lilacs
ink- copics - V20, V22, V25, V79, E57, YG03, YG17, YG21, B0000, B000, BG10, B95, R24, R59
dies - Spellbinders - oval, Heirloom Legacy
paper - cougar white 100 lb, Neenah, SU Wistera Wonder, Memory Box
mics - silk ribbon, pearls, glitter, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great  week.

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, beautiful! I always like to click up close on your cards so I can marvel over how you make your coloring so amazing. Love your shading around the lilac, and the gorgeous die and pearls and the out of the box cutting. I need to do that technique with the dies again before I forget how. This is fabulously dreamy and wonderful! So glad you shared it today!

Tracy said...

Sooo beautiful. You always know just what dies to frame your pretty florals with. Gorgeous coloring Pauline. Hugs!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Absolutely stunning. Love it. Thank you for finding the time to post, we really do appreciate it and look forward to the next.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, this is gorgeous, and your coloring is exquisite! Just like the die and the colors you've used...stunning card! Hugs!