Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Celebrate...

Happy Sunday! And back to work tomorrow - (Ugh!). Why do weekends seem to fly by and weekdays drag?

I have a pretty card to share with you today.  The idea came to me as I was working on my Paper Pickle class cards. So I experimented with a couple of Stamping Bella stamps, and since I don't have very many of the 'flower' stamps (which is about to change, my list keeps growing of stamps I need) I decided that Dandelion Bunches seen to work the best for what I had in mind.

I embossed the Dandelion Bunches on cream card stock using Ocean View E/P. I've had this for quite a while and have never used it.  It seemed to match the papers I choose to use the best. I then layered it on a piece of aqua c/s. Then I punched out 3 layers (cream, aqua and dk brown) using my EK Success scallop border punch.  The DP paper is from Basic Grey - Cappella line - like who doesn't love this line- it is gorgeous, it seems to work well for any occasion - wedding, birthday, sympathy etc, just an all around universal line of paper.
The flowers just seemed a bit bare, so went rooting through my sentiments trying to find something small enough that would work (again, I have lots of sentiments on my list to get as well- I have very few).  I like the Celebrate definition but didn't want to use the whole definition part, so I masked off the rest , inked up Celebrate and stamped it using Versafine Sepia.
I finished the card off by adding some ribbon and some tiny pearls in the corners of the center piece.
Thanks for peeking in my cupboard today.  Have a great week.

See you soon,
Pauline

3 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Beautiful card Pauline! I love the layout and paper choices - it's perfect.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Gorgeous.......love your choice of DP.... great layout

paula tracy williamson said...

Sweet lil paula had a few choice words in the back of her mind, when she saw this! uhhhh, first and foremost...I wanna quit my job and play with stamps all day, then the other we won't repeat here...but you know what that word was! lol Big hug sistah!!