Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Autumn Blessings

I'm sharing with you today a card I made this morning.  I was in need for several Thanksgiving cards for my basket (I sell cards at my hairdressers shop) which is where I'm heading tomorrow after work.  So now that I have one done, I will be able to mass produce this layout and design. That's my afternoon job!

I'm finally using a Justrite set I bought last year, but never got around to using it, so pulled it out this morning, so it has now seen some ink! I love how these stamps work, there is a wooden block that has grooves in the underside of it, and that is how your stamps cling to the block is by the grooves on the rubber interlocks with the grooves on the block.
I stamped the pumpkins on Papertrey cream c/s using Black Memento, colored with prismas and gamsol.  I cut it out using an oval nestie.  Now normally you can stamp the image as well as the words all at once (there is a spot/grooves on the underside of the wood that holds both) but I choose to stamp them separately because I wanted to cut out my pumpkins just to give it another layer to the image part, and also I wanted the words to be in brown - stamped with Rich Cocoa Memento.
I"m using some new papers I picked up on Thursday from Paper Pickle - it's the new Basic Grey Pyrus  - I love the earthy tones in this line.  The floral part is actually the back side of the card front.  Since I didn't have any blue tones in my image, I dusted around the edges of autumn blessings with a bit of stormy sky distress ink, just to balance it out a bit. Border punch is from EK Success.
Added some glitter to the pumpkins.  Finished off with a gold bow (tied with my handy dandy bow maker- sure takes the frustration out of tying a perfect bow!) and I found in my stash drawer (yes starting to use items that I've been hoarding forevah!) these little copper leaves, so added that too!

Well that's it for today folks! Back tomorrow with a Bella card.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

4 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful and quite festive!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

You got the "A" in autumn.....this card is "A"mazing....I love fall colours and rocked this one!

Carla Murphy said...

Beautiful! Love the glitter on the pumpkins.

Mary Frances said...

Beautiful card Pauline! I love the coloring and the sparkles on your pumpkins. I look forward to your cards and posts. Miss you. Hugs xx