Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Spring Mix

Hi there!  Hope your weekend is going well.  It' been just to hot here to do anything.  Since Friday feels like 42C roughly 108F, and this is suppose to last until Tuesday, then it drops down into the 80's.  So needless to say, I have been staying indoors.  I got caught up on Season 4 Virgin River, can't wait until Season 5 which doesn't come out to July 2023. Any other Virgin River fans out there? Now we are watching the Rookie, it's so good.  And I have been knitting socks, reading  and dabbling into some card making as well.

For today's card I am  using the The Print Shop - Sporing Mix from The Greetery.  I just love Betsy's products, I just can't seem to get enough of her stuff.  I have another order coming from her latest release last week.  Anything floral or nature related, I'm in! lol

Okay, so the cool thing about this set is that it starts out with multi layering stencils and then you add the little details with the coordinating stamps. And the die is all one piece, just pop it over your stamped image and viola. I always start with the die cut, then I go ahead and do my stenciling.  I find it's easier to line up the stencils that way.  You could also just stencil the image onto your card front for a one layer card, no die cutting needed.




Once all the stenciling was done, I sponged some soft blue's and pinks for the background and then adhered my Spring Mix die cut on top.

I finished by adding some of The Greetery's - Flower Bits embellishments to the centers of the flowers. 

I chose not to add a sentiment to the front, that way it can be used for many occasions.

As always, love when you visit.  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Pauline


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Pauline, you make The Greetery products shine like no other. This is such a lovely garden on a card. Or a wildflower meadow. Just beautiful! You have a gift for mixing colors and every card is a symphony. I sympathize with you about the heat. It's been in the 70's and low 80's here for a couple weeks and I can't spend too long in the sunny spots as I work in the garden. It's very comfortable unless I'm exerting myself. I'm a Virgin River fan and have finished the most recent season. I haven't seen The Rookie. I'm not sure if it's on Netflix or Amazon. Enjoy your time trying to stay cool!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my... This is amazing! I love it. It's been far too hot here too but I'm still surviving, not able to leave comments much though... Takes me ages to correct all my spelling mistakes with these fingers. Sending hugs