Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, April 12, 2021

Floral Notes

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing fine!

Sorry for not being around much in the last few weeks.  Work has been busy, and I don't feel much like making cards or blogging at night.  This weekend, weather was gorgeous, we did a lot of yard work, much more to go, but we put a big dent into it.

My card today is one that I made for my last card order last month, but just never posted yet.  This is a Mother's Day card. 

Using Pinkfresh Studio dies and stencils.- Floral notes stencil & die, slim lacey edger die and Inverted diamond stencil.



I started by stenciling the floral notes using Pinkfresh studio inks.  I then cut it out using matching die, and also cut an extra one and adhered together for some dimension.

For the layer on top of my base, I using one of the edger dies from the set and cut it along the bottom edge.  I then placed the inverted diagonal stencil on top and sponged inks very lightly, blue more in the middle and the yellow and greens out towards the sides.

I stamped the sentiment in black versafine clair and cut it out with a flag banner die.

I adhered everything together, flat, but popped up the sentiment.

To finish off I added tiny pearls to the centers of the floral border, TH rock candy glitter to the centers of the flowers  and enamel dots around the floral.  For the centers of the flowers - I using a tiny stamp from on of my Papertrey Ink stamps sets and stamped it in black.  I just thought it was too plain and needed something.

That's it for me today. I appreciate your visit.  See you again real soon!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMWord, you're the best, Pauline! It's hard to find prettier cards than those you make. This color combo, the dies, the stencil... so beautiful it hurts. I'm totally in awe. Sunny skies here this month, but too chilly to plant, I think. Fun to do odds and ends outside. Enjoy each day!

Ros Crawford said...

No need to apologise... I don't know how you working girls cope. Your card is such a delight... I just love those pretty colours and the sparkle and those tiny pearls. It's sunny here but still so cold! I get Reynauds and my hand are freezing just typing! Have a lovely lovely day