Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Washi tape note cards

Well I think Spring has arrived, but there is still a touch of winter that just doesn't want to leave.  Sunshine but cold north winds prevail. I'm still wearing my winter coat, and gloves in the morning as the temperatures are around freezing or just below - crazy weather.  May is just around the corner, so hopefully that will bring warmer winds and lots of sunshine.

I've been working all day in the flower gardens, cleaning up from the winter (not sure if I'll be able to walk tomorrow - lol).  Nice to see new growth under all the leaves and such.

My cards for today are basically made with washi tape and paper from Alexandra-renke. The paper is 12 x 12 and has a variety of images, so you just need to cut accordingly for the images you want. Some of the papers have matching washi tape as I show in the butterfly card below.

For the first card below, I cut out one of the butterflies with a stitched circle die, then layered this onto a another circle die from Spellbinders called Circle delight.  I used the butterfly washi tape along the bottom and added some silk ribbon just above the washi tape and a small bow. To finish off I used some enamel dots and wink of stella clear pen for some sparkle on the butterfly.







For my second card, I cut a flag banner from dark olive green and then cut out the image to fit in behind. I stamped a PTI leaf using versamark on my background paper, then cut it out using MFT wonky stitch rectangle die.  I used the leaf washing tape across the lower part, as well as a couple of strips of gold peel offs to the top and bottom of the washi tape.  I  then added the flag banner image off to one side.  For the wooden leaf embellishment I sponged some distress walnut stain to darken up the wood.



These were both fast cards to make, that is once I figured out what I was doing.  I left both blank inside so they could be used for a few different occasions.

I appreciate you stopping by.  Have a great day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

It's crazy weather here too! One minute the sun comes out and then it cold and wet! Still there is lots of greenery around. Two beautiful cards here Pauline ... I love the butterflies and yellow is always a happy colour. The greens are so pretty and calming. Have a good week!

Leslie Miller said...

Have mercy, these are so incredibly beautiful! I've been looking at this paper and Washi tape. So pretty!! Altenew has some gorgeous wide Washi tape now, too. Sigh... so many things for my wish list. Gosh, I can't decide which card is my favorite, so good thing I don't have to choose. The yellow butterflies with the brown are gorgeous, and you matched up your card stock and ribbon perfectly. Anything botanical and green is a delight to my eyes, and your second card has it all. Beautiful the way you stamped the subtle leaf pattern in the background. The flag frame is a cute shape and I always love the wonky stitches. Perfect little wooden leaf accent. Rain/sun/cloud mix here, but I've got plenty to catch up on since we got home. Enjoy your garden. It will warm up soon, I'm sure!

Tracy said...

Oh wow those washi tape are gorgeous. Looks like bigger sizes are going to be the new trend. The butterfly images are just beautiful.