Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Butterfly Blooms


Hello everyone!  Just flying by with a quick post tonight. We were out all day enjoying some beautiful weather.  Sunny and in the low 50's and the same for the next couple of days.  I think Spring is finally here! Yay!!

My card today reminds me of Spring - flowers and butterflies!  I"m using Papertrey Ink's Butterfly Blooms stamp set and mini stamp set.



I stamped the flowers from both sets onto my card front using various PTI ink colours.  I then layered my card front onto some yellow bazzill.  I then stamped my sentiment also from PTI  using black versafine ( I used my MISTI just to make sure I got a good impression, I ended up stamping it twice just to get it nice and dark).

I embossed both butterflies onto some white heavy vellum (I believe this is also from PTI) using white embossing powder.  I used the die to cut the large butterfly and hand cut the smaller one. I added sparkle to the wings using my wink of stella clear pen.

I tied some pink silk ribbon around the top layers before adhering to my card base.  I then added my butterflies, just adding a bit of glue to the centers of the butterflies so their wings are lifted.

The die I used for the base and the floral layer are both from the same die set - PTI - Noted: Scallop A2 Vertical die.

Thanks for your visit, enjoy your day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What a delight! Pretty spring colors topped off with two lovely vellum butterflies. Spring is blooming on this card.

Leslie Miller said...

Be still my heart! Those gorgeous butterflies, sweet colors, whimsical flowers, scallops, and ribbon... sigh... So pretty to do the white embossing on vellum for the butterflies. Your sentiment turned out very crisp with the Versafine. This is so very springy! I'm glad it's come to you, finally. It seems to be here, as well, and suddenly we're doing all kinds of spring things. Enjoy!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how gorgeous!! I love your stamping... It really looks like DP but better! And those butterflies are so perfect for this deliacte design!