Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Brushed birds - with sympathy

Hi! I'm back tonight to share another card I made on the weekend.  I often find Sympathy cards not an easy card to make, not quite sure what it is. This one I mailed out today to one of our church families who lost their nephew in a work related industrial accident at the age of 24. So very sad!

I pulled out my PTI - brushed birds along with a few dies and this is the outcome:



I stamped the bird using PTI - aqua mist & hawiian shores. I used the co-coordinating die to cut it out. The branch is from Memory Box, and the background (white) is PTI - Mix & Mat - confetti die.  I sponged some PTI Lemon Tart & Raspberry fizz in the center to kind of represent the sun (not sure if it does but that was what I was going for).

On the aqua mist background c/s I stamped the  PTI Marbled background using aqua mist ink.

For finishing touches I stamped 'with sympathy' from PTI - Willow set, and added some prima flowers to the branch.

I'm glad you stopped by today.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline


3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh that is so very dsad... 24! I'm sure the family will really appreciate this beautiful card... So pretty. It's always hard to make them but you rose to the challenge beautifully...

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I've gone and added the birds and the confetti die to my wish list. Would you believe I have no PTI stamps or dies at all? You've sold me (for whenever I get around to shopping again). Birds are always nice for sympathy cards. I really like the sentiments in this set, too. It's an unimaginable sad and tragic occasion for which you made this card, but it's beautiful and soothing and your thoughtfulness will be appreciated. I'm so sorry for the family's loss.

Tracy said...

A beautifully serene composition that conveys your thoughts perfectly. Love the sweet delicacy of the branch and flowers paired with the fluffy little bird.