Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Wedding wishes

I'm a bit behind in taking pictures of new cards that I have made recently,  but I came across this card that I made back in December.  The request for this wedding card was that it was to be in burgundy and gold if possible.  Well you know me, I aim to please.  Here is my card:


Not a lot of explaining on this one. Paper is from  Maja Designs.  The gold triangle patter paper is velum  from MME - Necessities. I just wanted to use a bit of this to add more gold to the card. Love the way it looks in the corners.

The white die cut is from Creative Expressions - Scandinavian Collection - Stockholm.  The gold layer and the sentiment layers are all from the same die set.  The sentiment is from Verve.

To complete the card I added pearls, ribbon, a couple of heart stick pins,  and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  See that little white crystal heart at the bottom right hand corner, well that was on a stick pin, so I snipped of the pin part and glued it down. I also added a bit of shimmer to the flowers using Wink of Stella clear pen.

I will be sure to get my new cards photographed, so I should have new ones to share next week.

Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, I can see why people ask you for wedding cards. Truly, you make the most beautiful ones, and I love the decorative dies you use and love the floral arrangements you add with lovely pearls and ribbon! Such a stunning card, and it will be the prettiest one they receive. Thanks for sharing your stunning cards! Warm hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so pretty and beautifully done... I bet the recipient was thrilled!

Leslie Miller said...

Look at this. I actually tsk'd out loud. You have such beautiful dies and flowers and you know how to use them, and your friend knew just where to turn to get a custom made card that would be the most perfect imaginable. Soooooo lovely, Pauline!

Tracy said...

So elegant. Your design skills are glowing on this one.