Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Especially for you

Hello! I'm back today to share another card I made back in December. 

This card is using a stamp set & matching die from  Papertrey Ink (PTI) called Beautiful Berries: Spring.



I started by taking a die (sorry I don't remember the name of this one and it's been a while since I made this) and cut it out of cardstock to create a mask.  I also used the die from the set and cut the branches from copy paper.  I then set my mask in the center of my card and then places the copy paper branches with some removable tape and placed them underneath the mask and onto the card ( I hope I'm explaining this correctly for you).  I then used aqua mist and sponged being careful as not to tear the copy paper.

When I was happy with the coverage of the ink, I removed the mask and branch masks and then stamped the branches and flowers using PTI inks in the white space of the branch mask.  I then added the sentiment using black versafine.

Finished off by cutting out my image piece using MFT wonky stitched rectangle die.  I then add some sequins and a silk bow.  I used my wink of stella clear pen to add some sparkle to the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You're so clever the way you did this! I love the white space the mask created to help your blooms and branches stand out. Genius! Beautiful colors and stamps. My favorite blue. The sequins sprinkled around are just right! You made quite a few cards in December and I'm glad you're sharing them now. I would not want to miss these!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty. Your masking is awesome and such a cool border design to mask. The flowers are colorful and just the right smile for anyone. Wonderful all around.

Tracy said...

All the techniques and media you used produced a beautiful card. The softness of the inking with the slight white border makes the stamping pop. Lovely.