Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, April 29, 2016

Just for you

Hello everyone! Life has been hectic in every way this past week or so, hence the lack of posting.
I have something to share with you starting next week, as I've been working on that project as well.

This weekend starts our birding venture, which Bill and I do every spring.  Bird migration happens usually the first 3 weeks of May, at least that is when the big influx of birds come through our area. We spend lots of time at Pt. Pelee National Park and Rondeau Provincial Park, both along Lake Erie. Can't wait, so excited.  Beautiful day tomorrow, chance of rain Sunday and Monday, but then again when is the weather man every right!

So my card today is done with some back ground distress ink wash, stamping, die cutting and embellishing.  I will be doing a similar card for my card classes at Paper Pickle in May as well.


I started with some TH water colour paper, soaked it down with water and then added distress inks - peacock feathers, twisted citron and squeezed lemonade. I then cut it out using an MFT stitched rectangle die.

For my tag I stamped an image from Penny Black blooming tags using squeezed lemonade onto some white card stock. It is in the shape of a tag which made it easy to cut out, then sponged some ink around the edges. The black vine is a rub on which I pulled out of my stash- gosh I really need to use these more, just love that little bit of extra it gives. I punched the tag hole out and added a peel and stick enamel rain dot (another embellishment from my stash) - getting good at using stash items on this card!.  I also stamped a little flag tag with a sentiment from Penny Black - Snippits.  This is a beautiful set of lots of small font and small sayings- a great set for all card makers to have - just sayin!

For the top butterfly I used water colour paper and made a colour wash again- a bit more saturated in colour because I wanted it to stand out.  I then used MB moonlight butterfly die to cut it out.  I also used MB Lunette butterfly to cut the turquoise butterfly.

To put it all together, I adhered the doily to the background piece, added some fun foam to the back of the tag to give it some dimension off the card.  Adhered the two butterflies together and then adhered to the tag. Added some clear sequins and some gorgeous glitter dots from Prima. And there you have it! I will be making more of these - this was a fun card to do.

Thanks for the visit today. I hope you have a great weekend - I know I will.  I'm sure I will have lots of 'bird' photo's to share over the next couple of months.

Pauline

5 comments:

Kerri said...

beautiful card love the colours and the background..great job!!

Leslie Miller said...

You have the most beautiful combination of colors on this -- probably my favorite. The layered butterfly is breathtakingly gorgeous and I love the subtle yellow floral stamping on the tag. I had one set of rub ons from SU years ago. They came and went without ever coming out of the package. You'd think I could have at least tried them, right? Sheesh. That delicate vine sure looks pretty on your tag. The doily adds such a feminine touch along with the ribbon and glitter dots and, well, just everything. Such a gorgeous card, Pauline! Enjoy your birding weekend. I hope we're taking the dogs to the lake today. Weather can't make up its mind, though. Sunny weekend forecast, so will probably be in the garden then.

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, what gorgeous cards -- some of my favorites actually -- and I love the doily in the background with the tag! And the butterflies are gorgeous! Truly a stunning card, and I know your class will love it! Sounds like a fun time of year as you and Bill see the birds as they return (hehe, I guess they are flying up from Florida, as now our birds are chirping and happy -- like we are!). But seriously, I know you will have a wonderful time, and I look forward to seeing some amazing photos that he takes. hope your weekend turns out far more beautiful that any weatherman can forecast! Hugs!

NancyT said...

Hi Pauline, so many nice details to the card - first of all I am always impressed with your colours. I love the doily, butterfly cut out and the rub on. No card is complete without the dots and sequins. Your card is very "fresh" looking -ideal for spring. Hopefully we will see butterflies in our garden soon. Looking forward to more of Bill's bird pictures. What a well-rounded talented family. Happy bird watching!

Tracy said...

This is a frilly delight in EVERY way. Pretty colors and so many things to catch the eye. :-)