Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, August 4, 2014

Uptown Bryann

Hello and Happy Monday to all.  Today is another holiday for us in Canada - woohoo! - love having long weekends.  So this morning I was up extra early - 6am- well that's my normal weekday wakeup - and I knew I wanted to finish off a card I coloured up last night.  So that's what I did.  I then went for a 40 min bike ride before it got too hot, then made by stewed zucchini - which is a combination of
sliced zucchini, onion, peppers, garlic, saute this until zucchini is half cooked then add a can of diced tomatoes and simmer.  I love this and it is zero points on weight watchers  since it's all vegetables.
While this was cooking I also started to make my stuffed Zucchini boats - OMG these are so delicious - you must try them - here is the link. (Note: I added extra salsa in the bottom of my pan and I also added the rest of my 19 oz can of tomato sauce around the zucchini in the pan.  I like lots of sauce rather than dried up).  These taste better the 2nd day.  So going to make them today and have them for dinner tomorrow.  Love have dinner ready on work days!

Okay, sorry I got a bit sidetracked there so lets get on with my card. I thought I would play along with Stamping Bella's challenge this week - Use an Uptown Girl on your card.  It's been a while since I coloured up one of the Uptown, and this one has never seen ink yet, I've had this one for quite a while.

So here she is - Uptown Bryann has a Baby shower:


Image was stamped using black memento, then I coloured with both copics and pencils. I love putting down the lightest layer of copic colour then come back in and add pencil colour. 
I then cut down to the size I wanted and layered this onto a piece of  quartz  bazzill c/s. Designer paper is from Teresa Collins - you are my happy 6x6. 

To finish off I used some lime green silk ribbon to pick up the lime green I used in my image since there was no lime green on the paper.  Added lots of glitter to her dress trim as well as on the parcels.
I love that I never stuck to pink or blue - which I always seem to do when doing baby cards - this way it can be used for either.

Supplies:
stamp: Stamping bella - uptown bryann has a baby shower
ink: black memento, Copics: E000, E00, E01, R20, R11, R32, YG00, R12, E30, E31, E33, E34, E37, E41, E42, E43, prismacolour pencils - French grey10%, 20%, 70%, Sandbar brown, Blush pink, Deco pink
Paper: Teresa Collins - you are my happy, white cougar 110lb, bazzill - quartz & blossom
misc: silk ribbon, bow maker, glitter

I'm off to finish my stuffed zucchini boats.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

See you again real soon,
Pauline 
 

 


7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Two days and I'm just now getting here! Some days the job just gets to me. Well, most days... I love stewed zucchini, by the way, and have bunches of zucchini boat recipes saved 'cuz I just know I'm going to be getting lots of those somewhat overgrown zucchini's, as always, from friends. Going to check out the link. Your card is SO ADORABLE! I haven't seen one of your awesome Bella cards in ages. Fabulous coloring and perky papers. Love the lime green and glitter. Got a thing for lime green these days. So CUTE!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Oh WOW. Love this Bella stamp. Don't know if we can get it over this side of the pond though, and as for the recipes - yum, yum.......

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous! I really like how you made the background diagonal. That's fun. Your coloring is always lovely. Hugs!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Katie Sims said...

I know one thing...I comin' to your house for dinner! Your zucchini sounds absolutely delicious! I am also loving this sweet little card your are sharing with us too! Your papers look perfect with this beautifully colored image....just darling! :)

ChristineCreations said...

EEE gorgeous! Such beautiful dreamy colouring! My mom just told me tonight she has 2 zucchinis for me from her garden :) I’ll be looking for some ways to use them!

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute!!! I like the precious feel of this sweet card! I have seen the zuchinni boats yet have not tried them. I might after reading your comment. Stew sounds yummy and I am making zuchinni bread today. YUMO!!!