Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hole in One

Hi everyone - hope you had a wonderful Christmas however you spent it.  Ours was a very low key, quiet day, and even my birthday (dec 26th) was very low key.  I did absolutely nothing, I was going to work on cards, but instead I watched movies and browsed through blogs and pinterest.

My card today is one that I made for a co-worker who wanted a card for her Dad's 50th - she said make it fun and he loves golf.  So this is what I came up with.  Image is from Art Impressions - which includes the sentiment!


Image was stamped on 100lb white card stock (Cougar) using black memento then coloured using copics.  Shading and ground cover was done with prismacolour pencils and blended out with gamsol.

Designer paper is from Basic Grey - Marjolaine - the card base and diamond strip is Night of Navy although it does look like black in the picture.

For the diamond strip I used a die from MFT - it fits perfectly with the paper don't you think?  Needed a bit more masculinity to it, so wrapped some twine around the card and added a hand made photo corner  to the top and adhered a gold flat nail head sticker to that.

I also needed to make her Mom a 50th birthday card, so will be back in a couple of days to share that one with you.  
Thanks for stopping by today for a visit.  See you again real soon,

Pauline


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Everything is perfect -- the socks, the paper, the diamond strip! Art Impressions stamps and sentiments are a hoot. I almost always go for humorous images for guy cards. This one is great. He'll get a good laugh out of it and that's what the guys I know go for. Looking forward to the Mom's card, too! Happy belated birthday, Pauline!

Dana White said...

This is fabulous Pauline. Love the stamp set and the sentiment!!!

CraftyViolet said...

Great card. I have a question about the MFT stamps. Can you buy them locally or near by? I checked out their site and the lowest shipping to Canada is $19.00 per order...way too much for me!!!